Landscape is.....

My photo
My blog gives an insight to my experiences, travels and projects, check out the recent post belows or to see more have a look at the side bar menu on the right.

Landscape is....Hastings





Hastings Old Town. This is the site for the 4th project in my first year as a Landscape Architect. The main features in the Old Town is the cliff railway which dates back to 1936, and the fishing huts which have been used for trade for many centuries. The stade (beach) is still in use today with boats being launched from the stade and brought back up the beach with the days catch.

The loop below shows the site in which I designed my Ideas Centre. Its the fenced area next to Fishing Museum, it measures 10mx20m. The Ideas centre had a specific brief, within the Centre there had to be an exhibition space and 4 toilets, and a speakeasy which includes 1 workshop, 1 microflat which has to include 2 small bedrooms, 1 bathroom and a kitchen.

In order to relate this building to the landscape, the theme throughout the building is the limited views of Hastings and the focal points set in the views around the town and out at sea.