Landscape is.....

My photo
My blog gives an insight to my experiences, travels and projects, check out the recent post belows or to see more have a look at the side bar menu on the right.

Alvar Aalto: Through the Eyes of Shigeru Ban

An exhibition at the Barbican (22nd feb-13 May 07), looking at Alvar Aalto through the eyes of Shigeru Ban. Unfortunately i wasn't allowed to take any photos while looking at this exhibit. I wasn't overly keen on the work that Aalto did as an architect, but some of his furniture was attractive in the way each piece was made up of simple designs.

Shigeru Ban is definately worth looking at in terms of sustainability. He's built houses made from cardboard, paper and beer kegs for foundations. the models were great and the whole concept of the houses was great.

While walking round one quote that caught my eye was;

"Nothing old can be reborn, but it will never completely vanish either; it will always re-emerge in a new form."
Alvar Aalto